K4LKW ECHOLINK NODE INFORMATION – 147.330 MHz
Note: At the present time only the 147.330 MHz K4LKW Repeater has an Echolink node on it
ECHOLINK NODE NUMBER: 429535
ECHOLINK NODE ID: KJ4IDH
ECHOLINK NODE DESCRIPTION: K4LKW Repeater
ECHOLINK NODE ACTIVITY: Activity for the last five minutes.
ECHOLINK NODE OPERATING PROCEDURES
There can be up to a 5 second delay when working through the internet links so don’t forget to leave a good gap between “over’s” to enable others to break in and to allow connecting repeaters to reset. Always remember that Echolink does require that you pause between your transmissions.
- When you connect to another repeater, it will ID with KJ4IDH since that is the node ID.
- With that in mind, be polite just as you would if you were using someone else’s rig.
ECHOLINK CONNECT AND DISCONNECT PROCEDURE:
1. Listen to ensure that no one is using the repeater.
2. Announce your call sign and state that you wish to connect to the Echolink system. Example: “This is “CALL SIGN” accessing the Echolink System” USE your DTMF keypad to open Echolink and connect to a node. (See the DTMF commands below for codes)
3. After connecting, LISTEN and then announce your station and make your call.
4. QSO! Have fun, it’s ham radio not brain surgery!
5. Disconnect from the KJ4IDH Echolink node. (Press #)
6. Sign off the repeater with your call sign as usual.
Connect to node – Transmit the node number
Disconnect node – Transmit #
Disconnect all – ##
Reconnect last node-Star 69
Status – Transmit – Star 411
REMEMBER- Always ID. This is always important.
OTHER INFORMATION ON ECHOLINK